View Single Post
Old 06-09-2005, 06:18 AM

Default Re: Finish Distribution starting to bug me, whats your opinion on it?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I believe I've lost a few sngs from being too aggressive. When on the bubble I don't wait for perfect cards just cards I have a fighting chance with. Ax, Q9+, Kx, J8+, low pp+. All of this is completely dependant though on my understanding and feel of the table and/or stack sizes. If I feel the table is good for it I'll get aggressive with much less in the right position. The times when I was "too aggressive" and lost I realized looking back that I didn't have a strong enough read of the players. often many were big risk takers willing to call a 3/4xBB bet or all in.

[/ QUOTE ]

be careful with your wording here... if you're playing in the optimal ROI way you SHOULD lose more SNGs due to aggression. you'll also win more; that's the point

but i THINK i know what you mean - that there's tables where the aggression hurts more than it helps. correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, exactly. And the kinds of tables I'm referring to either I wasn't paying enough attention earlier on or it was just a hard table to get a read on and I wasn't paying attention to THAT. It should also be noted that I play the 11's at party. Being more aggressive on the bubble, at least over the last 150 or so games has won me waaay more games than before I found "bubble aggression". That might be different for the higher buy-in games.