View Single Post
Old 06-08-2005, 05:51 PM

Default Re: My TruePoker WSOP 120K Hands Challenge - Update # 6

[ QUOTE ]
for my PPM cruise raked-hands marathon I played about 20k hands of 10/20 6-max in 4 days. Just 4-tabling...but sometimes the table might be 3-handed...and hands go faster on Party anyway.
I was getting almost 100 hands an hour on each table...400 hands an hour in total much of the time.

I played about 15-17 hours a day for each of the 4 days I think (a little less on the first day) and was also playing from 3:00a-1:00p to get the double-points so I was getting REALLY tired.

I was up as much as $3k at one point (150BB).
I finished down $600 (-30BB).

My play was getting worse and worse as I got more and more tired. I would occasionally not see that there was a 4-flush or 4-straight by the river and that would cost me 1 or 2 extra bets if I was just auto-raising still with my KK or something.
And this is on a site where you can actually SEE the cards (whereas on True it is significantly more difficult).

Of course...I won the $12k value cruise trip....and I placed in the money on the cruise and won $5215 cash.
But even if I hadn't made the money it was still worth it because the vacation itself was fantastic.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fatigue factor cannot be understated in how it impacts one's decision making/mistakes made.

I also definitely feel that when this is all said and done I will feel that it was all well worth it, even if I don't get to cash at the WSOP as well.