View Single Post
Old 06-08-2005, 05:08 PM

Default Re: History Channel, Breaking Vegas and Positively 5th Street

OK I hate to keep this post alive but here goes...
I missed the original airing of the show, so stayed up to catch it at like 1 a.m...
I agree it was terrible. Here's what sticks out most in my mind...
1st- When he arrives with his 4k, after the $1000 buy-in for the sattelite and the $2500 for the ring, he's down to his last $500 so what does he do? Go to the Gentleman's club for the "full Vegas experience". Hahaha! The best part is when he tells the lady he's broke, and she says "You gotta pay if you wanna play".

Ok next, the one part I did enjoy was the interview with TJ at the end, where he was discussing his bluff on the last hand. He indicated he knew McManus had AK and was trying to push him off his hand. He bluffed, it didn't work, period. How refreshing. TJ is a class act compared to Annie Duke and her comments after last year's WSOP when she was caught/eliminated in a very similar situation, and her comments were to the effect of "any good player would not have called me with A high". My hat's off to TJ... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I have not read either the Harper's article or Positively 5th Street, although I heard the book is very good and its on my list to read. All I can say is the History Channel did a terrible job with this project...