View Single Post
Old 06-08-2005, 02:28 PM

Default Re: KQo (Bet flop, get popped. Bet turn, get popped)

[ QUOTE ]
Let me ask you this then: Why did you want to eliminate BB?

[/ QUOTE ]

Now keep in mind I'm new, respect your posts and I want to learn. As I understand it, BB could have plenty of outs against me. With a hand like top pair, good kicker the fewer opponents I have, the better it plays. You seem to be offering me the choice of either I'm 100% sure I'm ahead or 100% sure I'm behind. From what I read in SSHE, even if I think I might be behind, it can be correct to raise to eliminate other players (based on the size of the pot, a raise that increases your equity from say 30% to 45% can be correct). I wanted to eliminate BB to increase my equity. If you disregard all online tells, I agree that a re-raise is the best play, I just don't think I have to be positive I'm ahead to want villain to raise, then call. Say I have K8. Even if I think I'm ahead of villain just 49% of the time, eliminating BB here would increase my equity enough for the raise to be good for me (or so I thought).

In this case (if we disregard the tell) I've got to be ahead well over 50% of the time, so I agree that a re-raise on the turn is the correct play. But I disagree that I have to be sure I'm ahead to get villain to raise, eliminate BB then call down.

In the actual hand, I didn't disregard the tell. I bet the turnn planninng to re-raise when it came back to me, but I felt the insta-raise tell was strong enough that I was not necessarily ahead anymore. I also felt like if I was still ahead, there was a good chance if I three bet, he would fold, or call the turn and fold the river, which would earn me no more than simply calling him down.