View Single Post
Old 06-08-2005, 01:50 PM

Default Re: Big time fundamental errors (your action?)

JAA,

The second hand screams I have a overpair w/ the overbet I put in. I thought my raise would take it down pre-flop, but I should have raised more instead of just $100 more for limpers to go. If the BB doesn't call, maybe it goes through or is heads up. Since it was 4-way, I felt extremely lost in how to play it after my raise.

I'm too used to this getting checked through if I don't lead after the flop (since I raised pre-flop). C/R would have been my play if I limped. There are few free cards that I can hold onto my hand if they hit. I decided that I wanted the pot, and risked my stack to do it, when I'm only getting called by better hands rather than give a possible free card. Poor decision.

Hand 1 was just pure silliness. I wasn't really thinking clearly. I have no idea where I should have gone, and pretty much hate the whole thing now that I'm looking back at it. In leading, I wanted to show that I had hit something, I didn't think it would advertise the pair specifically. Was the re-raise for information, which looking back makes sense? It lets him know where he is.

I just don't see where I can be comfortable in this hand if it goes to the flop and river. At best, I'm against a weaker paired ace (in retrospect) with little chance to improve. Is that the likely situation?

These hands just show me how much being out of position sucks in No-Limit, and that I have a ton to learn. I put myself in spots where I have to make tough decisions than necessary for myself. Like I said, I got fortunate on these hands.