View Single Post
Old 06-08-2005, 01:44 AM

Default Re: \"I won\'t look at my cards...I\'ll just look at you.\"

[ QUOTE ]
This post is a little overdramatic, which is why people hate it I think, but it raises a good point.

I enjoy stories about 2-4 WPT wannabes as much as the next guy, but a dealer repeatedly telling these stories in a public forum seems really unprofessional to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the support.

You're right, the point I really just wanted to make was that it is a little unbecoming for a dealer to mock clients in a public forum (I haven't seen any threads started by this screenname for any other reason than to mock a player). Sorry for the drama of it all if that was the issue here.

About my "impression" of dealers... I was definitely being facetious to make a point. This point I was trying to make is that if a dealer is so indignant about people tipping after taking down a pot and belittling on this forum those who don't tip (see his posts in threads on the subject of tipping)- well, it's a little ironic and hypocritical. Imagine if one of these ridiculed people stumbled upon this forum and these threads. How do you think they would react? How would YOU react?? I'm sure we've all done something or other in a B&M that a dealer might want to repeat to his friends... but for the dealer to go on a website with thousands of viewers who can read not only about the incident but about how the player looked, the limit being played and the cardroom's name and location... Is this not crossing a line at some point? Maybe I'm the only one bothered by these types of posts.

Anyways, all this is just my opinion, if you think I'm an idiot so be it. Again, since this a website you are free to choose to write anything you want without repercussion, just like our dealer friend at the top of this thread.