View Single Post
Old 06-07-2005, 10:58 PM

Default Re: Problems with Tournement Theory and ICM

[ QUOTE ]

What the great players are doing doesn't go against mathematical formulations of the game at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, they do on some occasions. Don't take my word for it. Daniel N. (And many others) has said it many times.

The mathematical models we have for the game today are inadequate. It is not simply GIGO. If you don't see that, fine. Most of the scholars in the world used to think it was flat, too.

Now, I agree that many of the situations of a STT are 'solved' by the models that we have today and that some of these solutions are unlikely to change.

One specific problem which may be wrong: 10 players, 1st hand you bet 3xBB with AKo first in from the SB, BB puts you all-in and you see his hand: 22. Current models say you should fold. What I am suggesting is that a player of a certain skill with the bigstack should call the all in.

The reason I posted here is that this forum, I think, has the most members who think most systematically and model-like of all the forums. And it is the one I frequent most these days. Plus, I thought more people would be familiar with the hand and problem I linked in my OP, but I was wrong about that.