View Single Post
Old 06-07-2005, 10:46 PM

Default Re: Big time fundamental errors (your action?)

Hand 1: I agree that I'm sucking wind based on the re-raise. I've started to think about it after the session. What hands would he re-raise? Straight, Trips, Two Pair, Low flush, Ace spades, Bluff. Ok, that's a pretty wide range, but the only two that can comfortably call a re-raise IMO (probably incorrectly) are the Ace and flush. I'm dead if it's Ax suited. Low suited connectors are possible since it's short-handed. Ok, so I'm justifying the merits of a re-raise since the Ace spades/made flush would be the only things that can stand heat. Am I missing something here?

Hand 2: Being out of position sucks. I don't want to give a free card, betting small or even the pot leaves me with little information if called. Checking gives me less information. I don't see where I can go right in this hand if I want to win it. I really didn't expect 3 people to come along for the ride. Would a lead of say 350 be ok? If called, push on the turn if a non-scare card hits, which I think would be the 2,3,4 which didn't complete the flush? I just don't see where to go since I hit a flop that has a lot of future danger, but seems relatively safe at the moment.