View Single Post
Old 06-07-2005, 10:13 PM

Default Re: Are you a potential rapist?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh, ok. This isn't quite what I mean. I am simply saying that without an implanted code of conduct, your natural instincts would not be overridden by "moral" compliance or "fear" of punishment. You would quite naturally behave like an animal when facing an enemy or potential mate.

My use of the word "murder" is not to imply senseless killing, but that we would likely fight to the death (or serious injury) for food, mates, and territory.

What did you think that primortial rage that boils up when Nancy Grace speaks was meant for? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

OH.. Ok. I see what you mean now, but I still think it is exagerated.

A) A significant number of murders are precipitated by society

B) Weaponry is a product of society

C) Human mating is natually (I believe, though I forget this stuff) semi-monogomous with some dipping into polygyny, and this doesnt bring the type of murders that you might find in other species.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand what you are saying, but I think you are mistaken about humans being naturally manogomous. I'm sure you've found yourself attracted to more than one woman in your lifetime, and would assume even at times when you were "with" another.

I personally believe that without societies' instilled moral guidelines, you wouldn't hesitate for a second to mate with more than one woman, and at the same time be quick to stop anyone else from trying to do the same.

As far as weaponry goes, they definately make for a more efficient means of killing someone, but it is not that difficult to beat someone to death if that is your intent. After a couple of well placed stomps or smashes with a large or sharp rock, you should really only need no more than a few minutes IMO.

A significant number of murders are precipitated by society

I'm not quite sure what you mean here, but this is a with morals and laws. Imagine what it would be like without them.

[/ QUOTE ]

If murdering each other at will were natural, we would never have had societies. We'd be too busy killing each other.

~D