View Single Post
Old 06-07-2005, 03:50 PM

Default Re: PokerTracker: I commit heresy.

[ QUOTE ]
I found I was making bad judgments based on the perceived tendencies of opponents based on stats from too small a sample set.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's like saying "I kept shearing off lug nuts because I set my torque wrench at 500 pounds, so now I only use a tire iron." If you use a tool improperly, it's going to do harm.

Poker Tracker isn't going to miraculously turn you from a loser into a winner, nor is the lack of it going to turn you from a winner to a loser. It's a tool.. no more, no less. Do we really have to add a caveat when suggesting to beginners that they should know what they're doing before they rely too heavily on it? I might if you were suggesting we issue rifles and live ammo to recruits on the first day of basic training, but they're not damaging my person or my business by screwing up. The only person they have the potential to hurt by mishandling PT is themselves.

Here's a tool that can help, it's your job to figure out how to use it correctly. I'm not going assume anything about your actual ability to do so.