View Single Post
Old 06-07-2005, 08:28 AM

Default Re: Slow Playing in High Low?

I think this is a bad canidate for a slowplay for three reasons.

1) You do have a very big hand, but there is no second best hand for someone to make.

2) With all these draws out, it is very likely you will get a call if you raise the flop; a lot of hands hit that.

3) Make this raise for Shania's sake. If you're betting and raising hands that aren't this good on the flop (as I suspect you are), it is essential you don't give away information by slowrolling your big hands and draws. Maybe the bad small stakes players won't notice but the better players will and you will see yourself getting called precisely when you don't want to be.

Conversely I'm not familiar with your game but if you are the type of player that likes to call with a wide range of mediocre hands on the flop, I wouldn't hate a flop call if it were against more watchful oposition. You do have a big hand (nut low draw+ trips with top kicker + wrap to the wheel) so if you are calling with a lot of crap on the flop it becomes imporant to call with the goods every once in a while so people respect your calls more and cannot put you on a hand. You should realize you are giving up money on this play for reasons 1 and 2, but it might help your long term winrate.