View Single Post
Old 06-07-2005, 01:01 AM

Default Super Aggressive Small Stakes online

I've been playing a lot on Full Tilt of late, generally in the 2/4, 3/6 and 5/10 games (mostly 3/6). Seems to me the 3/6 and 5/10 have been super-aggressive. I mean 60-80% raised preflop, generally only 2-4 players see the flop. It isn't just one maniac either, everyone seems to be willing to fire in two bets before the flop from middle position with KJ, K9 or worse, even if there is a limper. Maybe I'm exaggerating, but if so, not by much.

It really has been giving me fits. So I'm wondering - is this typical middle-limit play, and will reading a middle limit hold 'em book help? I know the stakes are small, but I've never seen this kind of aggression in small stakes. They continue to fire on later streets as well.

So I guess I'm just looking for some advice on how to handle these games. I want to play tighter, but then I see the junk some of them are firing in with, it makes me want to play.

Thanks for any advice, and if any of you are familiar with these particular games, I'd appreciate any insight.

First time post as well!