View Single Post
Old 06-06-2005, 08:23 PM

Default Re: KJo > River (2/4)

Thanks for the feedback all. Sarge: I like your little aphorism about betting out in spots like this, i'll remember it.

[ QUOTE ]
flop: the 3 bet was close again, but i prefer to call. here is why: since there are 2 more player to act after him that might call one bet but not two, the likelyhood that he is on a draw is decreased. and with calling and betting out on the turn you would punish a free card raise pretty much too (not to 3-bet on the flop against a draw would only cost about 1/3 small bet). if he has a made hand that is stronger than yours, he will probably raise you on the turn if you should just call his raise on the flop, but may very well just call with A, J or an overpair. that means a call on the flop (followed by a bet on the turn) would define you hand much better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I generally like your logic here but I think the one spot where I'm not sure I agree and probably tilts things towards the 3-bet on the flop is that I don't think the presence of a 2 players to act after him decreases the chance that this is a free card play in more then a nominal sense. This guy is a preflop LAG so with position on the blinds in an unraised pot he would have most likely raised any combination of AKQJT suited or not preflop. He almost HAS to be on a draw here but you are right people show down some wierd stuff in this 2/4 game.