Thread: Rounders hand
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2003, 02:34 AM

Default Rounders: the worst poker i have ever seen

I think that the movie is great, but the poker in the movie is horrible. First of all, when teddy called mikes 2000 dollar bet in the beggining of the movie, mike put teddy on a flush draw. R u f**kin kiddin me! There was a $1000 in the pot plus the small blind before the flop. Mike bet $2000. Teddy is gonna miss the flush by the river 1 in 3 times, and he calls a bet thats twice the size of the pot, heads up!!! Thats horrible. How can mike even put him on a flush draw. You have to put him on 2 pair or a set right away! Now, the 9 comes, completing the boat for mike. And what does he do? He checks, "hoping that a spade will fall". And what if a spade doesnt fall? He just missed another $2000 bet on the turn. You have to assume that if teddy is indeed on a flush draw, he will call at least $2000 now, since he doesnt understand pot odds anyhow. And the spade comes, and teddy bets, and mike pushes all in. I actually agree with that play!
Now, as for the end of the movie, the flop comes 6 9 10r. Now, teddy puts mike on a sr8 draw. he thinks he has 10J or 8J. Now, teddy pays the size of the pot to draw to his str8. You gotta be kiddin me. As for teddy, once he felt that mike missed his draw, whats the point of betting if you already have a hand? He isnt gonna call anyway. Teddy wasnt affraid of the ace, so the ace either improved his hand, or he could beat an ace. I put teddy on A10s!
-vitaly