View Single Post
Old 06-06-2005, 07:45 PM

Default Re: So im a new guy to Poker and oh BOY did I get eaten on line.. advi

[ QUOTE ]
If I was you I would deposit $50 into neteller and start playing the .02/.04 tables at PokerStars.

[/ QUOTE ]

this guy seems like he can obviously afford a little more than $50 for 'lessons', so I'd advise against starting quite that low. Ideally, IMO, a rank begginner should deposit $200 into paradise poker, claim the granny bonus for $100, and grind it out at .25/50- where the bets are big enough to sting a little when you lose a big pot, but small enough to keep even a bad player from losing a signifigant sum. the bonus money should pad losses or increse winnings, making the play pretty damn risk-free. Additionally, if a player does becopme a winner, they're gonna be kicking themselves for ever playing the nano-limits where bonus money cannot be cleared. even a breakeven player (gotta be pretty good to even beat the rake) can make signifigant ammounts of money chasing bonuses, probably to the tune of $600+/month on a 1k bankroll (party reloads and codes, empire reloads, cryptos, occasional stars and paradise money, sign up offers, affiliate offers, etc, etc...), and a total noob should be able to take $200 and turn it into a grand in as little as three months, assuming 30 hrs/month breakeven bonus hunting at .50/1... and BANG! you're profitable.

Poker is all about risk/reward, and those that risk very little will be waiting for their reward while those that risk just a little more will be making money sooner (or losing more, i suppose.)

[ QUOTE ]
PS I just kicked ass on Stars .02/.04 this weekend to the tun of 30BB/Hr. I'm off to the 3/6 tables!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

move up ASAP. (not to 3/6, of course)