View Single Post
Old 06-06-2005, 07:31 PM

Default Re: PokerTracker: I commit heresy.

I aggree with you SC- but for slightly different reasons. the $50 doesn't really matter at all, especially since there are affiliates out there that give away PT for signing up through them (PSO, boogster etc)

I personally believs that the sample sizes that people on the forums constantly ask for are way too high. asking for 10k+, even 50k+ hands, may be correct in determining winrate, but i think much smaller samples are needed for Vp$p, PFR, etc, and it's a good slap in the face to a weak-tight player that thinks they're a TAG to see the hard numbers.

I think it's a good purchase, but a begginner may be able to get by with the free version for the first couple months, especially if they play low limits.

Also, PT is really useful for limit hold 'em, fairly useful for NLHE, and useless for omaha, stud, etc... I play all the games, and hold 'em is only about 25% of my play, so PT isn't my most valuable tool.

bottom line, i think PT is +EV for all players, but a recreational begginner player may be better off building bankroll first.