View Single Post
Old 06-06-2005, 06:46 PM

Default Re: Wow, another 100 bets gone. I need help, stat!

Wow, lots of hands there. I will try to reply with something of value. In the book "Bobby Baldwin's Winning Poker Secrets" Holdem rule six: "When you begin with a big pair, put the action in before the flop. Thereafter play cautiously unless you improve."
Some general comments about the 12 hands you posted. If I have a big pair and I get 3bet or worse on the flop, I have to give my opponent credit for something. If it turns out they had nothing, then I don't think their chips are long for this world. Lots of times I'll bet my big pairs post-flop until I run into resistance, and then I may just call it down depending on the situation and player unless I improve. You have to evaluate flop texture; flop Q73rainbow, if you're best on the flop, you're likely to be best on the river because no flush or straight draws are out. HPFAP also talks about playing a little tighter post-flop in unraised pots. You got KK beat by AA; I'm just resigned to losing some chips when that happens because I'm always going to play KK strongly. The odds of AA being out when you have KK are small, but it does happen. You lost set over set; that rarely happens. I lose chips when that happens because I don't get sets very often and I play them strong. I got beat once set over set over set and I lost a giant pot with bottom set. When I flop top & bottom pair or bottom two pair, generally I'll throw in one raise on the flop. Top two pair is a bit stronger. Again it depends on the situation. I recommend posting two or three hands at a time because it takes awhile to go through 12 hands and some people don't have that much time. I've rambled enough. Hope that helps. (you might consider dropping down in limits until your confidence comes back)