View Single Post
Old 06-06-2005, 05:05 PM

Default Re: Cops: \"I\'m going to tase you!\"

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All for having a suspended license.

[/ QUOTE ]

Speeding, suspended license, obstruction, resisting, assaulting an officer, tail light out, and could've had a weapon. I think this force was neccessary. I don't think they needed to zap her again, though. She was already [censored] up, could've just picked her up by then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good points.

It is certain that police officers often commit "mistakes" or intentional breaches of justice. That sucks, but there are mechanisms for dealing with these after the fact. If this woman has legitimate defenses to her being pulled over and ticketed, she can bring them forth in the appropriate forum. Refusing to cooperate with the police officer is not the way to protest the ticket.

Of course, if one is in emminent danger, it may be justified to attempt escape or self defense. That was not the case here. The police were exceedingly patient with a person who was becoming more and more belligerent.

It is vitally important that civilians remain obediant to police officers. In time of emergency, the police need cooperation, not bullshit. The police had a justification for giving her the taser, even if the "stated reason" was not correct. (By the way, there is a time just before the woman is tasered that the other officer seems to enter the cab ... perhaps this is when she "took a swing.") Is it really reasonable to expect the police to wait all day for the woman to finish her phone conversation and step out of the vehicle at her own convenience? No way, especially when you consider the fact, SHE WAS UNDER ARREST and refusing to comply with the order to step out of the vehicle.