View Single Post
Old 06-06-2005, 04:16 PM

Default I haven\'t \"seen monsters\" in a while.... until here (QQ 6max hand)

I totally hate this hand, but at the same time I really felt like I was behind. Even so, I only need to win about 32 % of the time. Villian in this hand was pretty odd. Very lag seeing about 70 percent of flops and raising about 14 percent, however EVERY raise was a min raise. In all the hands we had played I have never seen him make a re-raise pre-flop. He is also aggressive post flop, but has never made a big raise before or put his whole stack in the middle.

Only notable hand we had together, I limped AK utg and he min-raised from the BB. Noticing he raises a good amount I limp-raise to 7. He is the only caller. He weak leads for 3 into a QT8 two diamond flop (15 ish) and I raise to 15 and take it down.

Pre-flop I was kinda hoping short stack (who was bad) would just push in and I would most likely take a quick $20 pot, but villian was pretty loose so I of course want to charge being OOP in case he calls.

His push was relatively quick. I did the whole "I made him pay alot to outflop me thing" in my head and was going to call and but my gut kept telling me I was behind. I was thinking he knows my range here and has no reason to believe I will fold an overpair after the action and really felt he wanted a call. I put him on 44 or AKc. Based on how much he calls pre-flop I wouldn't be suprised if he had a hand with a 3 in it either.

How bad is this?????

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

MP ($18.95)
CO ($212.28)
Button ($66.79)
Hero ($108.3)
BB ($113.6)
UTG ($118.05)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $2, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $9</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP folds, Button calls $7.

Flop: ($21) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $15</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $57.79 (All-In)</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $93.79