View Single Post
Old 06-06-2005, 02:47 PM

Default Re: final table of Bodog 100K. Good reraise?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Seems standard to me. Any reason you are double-guessing yourself? Or do you think this is a lot closer than I do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Simple sanity check.

coming over the top with AT, with 3 people left to act seemed a bit risky. A better ace calls, either ahead or behind me. As will many wired pairs.

I don't like calling but if I did, I could have folded to the reraise behind me.

And I don't like folding this hand when 7-handed.

And I prefer to be the aggressor when no one else has yet shown strength, but 7-handed the idea of 'better spots' is fantasy.

So in all, I just wanted other views to make sure my thinking and play was on the right line.

-Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotcha.

If you cold-call and it gets raised behind, its an easy fold. If not, you have to play it by ear on the flop. But, I like this play the least and I almost never do it.

Pushing is what I do most. No one is calling behind you w/out a premium hand (very premium). I also feel like, in general, players vastly overestimate the strength of villian's hand. I mean, when its folded to you at the FT, you're often opening w/ practically any 2.

If you don't feel comfortable pushing, just fold. While its hard to come about "better spots" at the FT, I agree w/ your preference of being 1st in w/ the raise rather than coming over the top.

But, overall, I'm 80/20 push/fold, and almost never calling.