View Single Post
Old 06-06-2005, 01:57 PM

Default Re: PokerTracker vs PokerOffice

First off, there's a distinct condescending tone in your post. I don't really know why since all I did was post that I have a preference for pokeroffice and the reasons why. I also asked that I was looking forward to hearing why people that pokertracker was better. Your post gave no such information. In fact you blostered my opinion when you stated that you have to buy a seperate program from PokerTracker to gain real time info on players at the table.

1. real time importing of hand histories and games. (I don't have to manually import hand histories anymore)

Umm...PokerTracker automatically imports hand histories.

Pokeroffice, in realtime, while taking in hand histories gives back stats on all the players at the table ie; flop percentages, flop to turn, turn to river. It also catagorizes their style of play and does so for pre flop and post flop

3. realtime info on player styles

Umm...so does PV/GT

Umm...Those are DIFFERENT programs. In this post I'm specifically talking about the difference between PokerTracker and PokerOffice. With PokerOffice you don't need to get another program to give you real time player stats.

4. realtime pot odds

If you need software to figure out your pot odds then you are not a good enough player to be able to put it to use.

I'm a novice player and have trouble with math. This program helped me check my own calculations against the "right answer"

5. realtime real outs.

You mean like if you have A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] against 7 opponents and the board is T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] then you have 6 outs?

Well, Yes, but also hands where you might have 23 outs or 16 outs. Again, this was a big help to me when I was starting out. I now can calculate on my own that flopping a flush draw, a straight draw with an overcard is 20 outs but it helped me out a lot when i was starting out.

And another thing: there are many more features and details about poker office. I'm just listing some of the highlights.