View Single Post
Old 06-06-2005, 08:05 AM

Default Re: Alternate Social Tourney Format Ideas?

Haha, once again that was mostly hangover surliness. But no, my friends and I have a few girls who play in our home games. One of them has actually gotten quite good, because she comes wanting to play, not just to hang out and see everyone. The point I will make, which I really made no effort to get across before is that if you have these "social tourney" setups as you called them, you will always have to deal with a lot of sitting around talking. My suggestion would be to treat your home games as an event where people who actually want to play a poker tourney can play and if the wives/husbands/significant others or whoever else wants to come along but aren't that into poker they can just relax on some couches and talk, have a few drinks etc. so that everyone enjoys their night as much as possible. This is meant with no offense whatsoever but I don't see the point of trying to integrate ones significant other into everything he/she does, especially if that person isn't particularly interested and from your situation it sounds like you have a lot of people who would be more interested in mingling at a coktail party or just hanging out at someone's house talking than playing poker and it's slowing up your game.

Good luck,
Matt

P.S. I've never been called a magoo before, that's pretty cool.