Thread: Anti-Bush sites
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2003, 02:11 PM

Default Re: Anti-Bush sites

I suspected it was because Europeans wanted to pay more for gas, LOL.

"He entered office with the strongest economy in US
history and in less than two years turned every single economic category heading straight down." When Bush took office the economy was already in trouble.

"Failed to fulfill his pledge to get Osama Bin Laden 'dead or alive'." Did he say for sure he'd do it by May, 2003?

"Presided over the biggest energy crisis in US history"--I thought the Arab oil embargo of the 70's and resultant gas lines was our biggest energy crisis.

"With his policy of'disengagement,' created the most hostile Israeli-Palestine relations in at least 30 years." I thought Arafat walking away from talks and starting the "intifada" created the bigger change toward hostilities. Granted the writer slyly saves himself by using the comparison of "most" not "most changed" but it's intellectually dishonest nonetheless.

"First US president in history to have the people of South Korea more threatened by the US than their immediate neighbor, North Korea." This is an outnought lie. There was a bit of sentiment in this direction very briefly--until we suggested removing or moving our troops from the boder zone, LOL. Then the Southies begged us to stay and held demonstrations for our continued presence.

There is more slanted stuff than outright lies but it's a sad attempt unless it's just meant to be funny.

By the way, the U.N.'s anti-U.S. positions, and the views of that 71% of Europeans, speak more to the disingenousness of the U.N. and the socialized brainwashing of the European street than to any flaws in current U.S. policy. And viewing 'peace' as always being more important than 'liberty' is misguided at best. Sure there can be peace with tyrants if we just let them continue to tyrannize. But some people view human rights and liberty as sometimes being more important than 'peace.'

Europe is getting stupider, more socialized, more Islamized, and less principled. Kohl and Thatcher were much better, and under them your economies were much better too. A word to the wise.