View Single Post
Old 05-14-2003, 01:49 PM

Default Re: Husband & Wife Duo

One time I was in a game and I noticed this man and woman seemed to raise each other if they and someone else were in the hand but would stop betting if they were heads up. I was a bit suspicious when this hand happened.15-30 game. I am in early position with K-Q suited. I call, woman raises, man re-raises, everyone drops, she re-raises, he caps I call all the way. Flop is K-7-3 rainbow. I bet, she raises, you guess it, they cap it and I call all the way. Turn is a 2, again its raised and capped and I call all the way because I smell a rat. River is a 6. Capped/I call all the way. She turns over 7-6 for 2 pair and I say I want to see man's hand. He tries to muck but dealer gets it and turns over pocket Queens. I basically say this is BS, get the floorman. Make a long story short, floorman says he doesnt think anything was wrong but moves the man, who turns out to be the womans husband. The man goes ballistic when told to move and I say they were colluding, woman sits stone faced silent and never says a word. Floorman again says he doesnt think, with the way the hand went, anything was fishy but will move the man for appearances sake. Floorman and I get into it, I basically telling him he's nuts if he doesnt think there was some BS happening. What do you think? Given the flop, betting, turn and river, do you think they were colluding? Was the floorman right in how he handled it? Was I off base in making an accusation of collusion? Any comments appreciated.--Big Al--