View Single Post
Old 06-05-2005, 04:46 PM

Default Re: JJ -- too passive, or correctly cautious??

[ QUOTE ]
I think a 2-4x BB raise should have been made

[/ QUOTE ]

A mini raise of 2X the BB is silly, IMHO, because you're pretty much giving everyone else odds to call and see a flop ... and you don't want a million people seeing the flop with JJ.

I like the idea that you will raise 3X the BB PLUS an extra BB for every limper ... so I def. think you should've raised to the 150-210 range here.

And when your villain checks that turn, I'm going to agree with a previous poster in this thread that I'm going to move in right then and there every time. If he was slow-slow-slow playing his set, then you pay him off I guess. But i'm not sure that a set is going to check BOTH the flop and turn, especially with the board turning into a drawing machine.

Hey, you were cautious, didn't lose too much money, and you lived to fight another day. In a tournament, that's great. But I also think you missed a good chance to improve your stack early on (another very helpful thing to do in a tournament), and I think a pf raise AND a heavy turn bet puts all those chips into your stack.