View Single Post
Old 06-05-2005, 09:15 AM

Default Tryin to keep up here!

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Hi people, SO SORRY but my site isnt supported for the hand converter so for this ost I just wrote it this way.
I have been trying to follow the conversations here the last few days and I can get the meaning to almost all of what you guys are saying from the initials and all but I am hesitant to say certain things because Im not sure what theory this is that you guys are following on shorthanded games. I understand PR-AF strategy, hand equity but what is "CO" that I see so often? To take a "card off"? I find this "theory" pretty shaky being mostly a ring player but I immediately see and understand it almost, I mean the lowered starting hands because of the shorthanded games of course. Where is all this info coming from, is this one of 2+2's famed authors writings on shorthanded play and if so which book please? Ok, last thing when I see these hands I really question some of this strategy I am seeing stuff like raises with this hand and I seen a guy yesterday who raised and then calleed and PLAYED a j-9h with the board coming 10h-7d-2s, he had last position against the small and big blinds but the 3 bet dude was the BB who then led (both players calling) after a Qc fell on the turn the BB led again, so J-9 just calls and then the river is the 4h and BB bet gain and he wanted to know if he should have attempted a steal here and while I can understand why (because he has all this invested in the pot now) I thought it NUTS because BB is NEVER gonna let the hand go for nothing now, but anyway so where can I catch up on all this lingo or do I just have to keep reading along? lol

Thanx people!
Trying to keep up here! [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]