Thread: Quick Question
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2005, 07:08 AM

Default Re: Quick Question

[ QUOTE ]
You played it fine, but am jacking your post but taking your hand. I think a check/call, check/call, bet while calling a raise is also viable. However, I am trying to weigh the two against each other.

In the way you played it, the 3-bettor will call you with a lower PP and raise you with AK and AQ (maybe weaker aces too if a LAG). He may or may not call you down with a PP. The aspect I don't like is that he has the option of popping you on the flop or turn if he has AK, assuming he won't do this with a weaker ace.

On the other side, using the WA/WB line (check/call, check/call, bet) encourages PPs and any aces to bet the flop and turn, and we can make sure the river isn't checked behind. I suppose a problem is that we miss a bet if the flop is checked behind.

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming the board isn't too draw heavy and scary I take the WA/WB line most of the time in this situation heads-up. Win the most when he has a worse hand and lose the least when he has a better one.

So yeah I think that's a better line but the original poster's line is fine aswell.