View Single Post
Old 06-05-2005, 01:37 AM

Default Re: Crazy hand? What\'s your play?

I really don't think it is though. Here's my thought process before I make my decision, and maybe I'm overanalyzing it:

With all this action, I figured I was at least up against a set of J's and a set of either 6's or 5's. At this point, I have 8 outs to my nut flush, as the J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] is dead either in the set, or will make quads. This puts me at roughly ~3-1 to make the flush, so yes, the odds are there at 5-1. However, another legit hand could be KJ [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], cutting me down to 7 outs. 87d could be a legit hand as well based on the preflop action, which would give me 5 outs due to the 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the hand, and the 2 that would give the straight flush, and cut the odds of my making the hand down to 5-1 or right at the odds to call. If there is another [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in either of the remaining hands, I'm down to 4 outs, and not enough odds to call.

Overanalyzing or not? I really don't have much on the reads of the opponents as it's still relatively early.

TT