View Single Post
Old 06-05-2005, 12:35 AM

Default Re: 25/50 Hand vs. Spirt Rock

how do you interpret his check/call on the turn? im trying to figure out what hands it makes sense for. if he has you beat on the turn i dont get why he wouldnt push given the board and the amounts of money left. could he have something like Ahxh/QhJh/JhTh that he was just kind of screwing around with on the flop that turned into a strong enough draw that he wants to try to keep from getting raised off the pot? the reason why the turn call seems a little odd to me if he just has a weaker A is because he is getting such a large % of his stack in the middle that i would expect he might commit to the hand and push if he thinks you have a weaker A or are bluffing and fold otherwise. maybe im off on this. would you expect him to call with something like AJ with the expectation that you will check behind on the river?

on the river i dont get how he can have you beat and not be betting. whether you made your draw or had a hand already it has to look to him like you have a hand so checking to induce a bluff doesnt make much sense. if he had you beat before the river i dont see how he wouldnt push the turn. if he made his hand on the river i dont see how he doesnt bet so it looks like the most likely scenario is you are winning and he is folding.

were you planning to call a push on the turn? river?