View Single Post
Old 06-04-2005, 11:25 PM

Default Over and flush draw

I make a lot of semi-bluffs, but I'm just wondering what the best way to play this specific hand is?

Here's 2 examples from Pacific .5/1 NL-- I keep a 40$ stack.

Hand 1: Hero is SB with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Preflop-- 5 limp, hero completes, BB checks
-- With so many limpers, I knew I couldn't narrow the field, so I just called too.

Flop K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
-- Hero checks, BB bets 3$, 3 calls, Button raises to 6$, Hero raises all in, button calls.

OR?

Hero has A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]in CO.

Preflop-- 5 calls, hero calls, SB completes, BB checks

Flop T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
-- BB bets 6$, 3 calls, hero calls,

Turn 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
-- BB checks, MP bets 10$, MP2 calls, hero calls, BB calls
-- I was sure all but the 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] was a live out, so the call was easily justified.

Should I have raised the 2nd one all in?

Should I usually be raising 1 overs and nut flush draw all in? Or does it depend on how much money is in the pot, and how much bluff equity I think I have?