View Single Post
Old 06-04-2005, 10:57 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Re: Thanks & I\'m stubborn

[ QUOTE ]
First off, thanks to AJ and his lovely (and lively!) fiancee for hosting this marquee event. I am sure I speak for very many of us when I say I had a great time.

So, if I take the bounty, I have 7600 out of a total of 57000 chips in play. I don't remember the exact chip distributions at that point, but I have a decent idea: AJ and Ghazban both had stacks in the mid-high teens and the other 5 of us were all pretty short, sitting on somewhere between 3000 and 8000 each. I ran Eastbay's ICM program for two chip distributions in that ballpark and got 13.6% and 13.9% equity for my 7600 stack. That works out to about $155 of the $1120 prize pool.

After taking the 2000 chips, I had 9600 out of a total of 59000. When I ran Eastbay's program for the same two chip distributions, I got 16.1% and 16.4% equity. This works out to about $185 of the $1140 prize pool.

So, according to an ICM model anyhow, I gain about $10 by taking the chips over the bounty.

I don't really see why the high blinds would invalidate the ICM model results, so I think taking the chips was the right move.

Curious what you guys think.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're a Russian Math Master. Too bad math guys don't always win, you've gotta have a "FEEL" for this game. Like when your opponent has Aces and you have Queens, or your opponent has Kings and you have Tens, or your opponent has Queens and you have Ace/Ten. I won two out of those three hands, both where I had about a -3% chance of winning. You obviously have much to learn, my young padawan. w00t!