View Single Post
Old 06-04-2005, 02:27 PM

Default Re: Continuing the action....

[ QUOTE ]
If Button just calls the 3-bet, I lead the turn. If he raises the turn, I fold (well, unless I caught a set or a third diamond).

If Button just calls the flop 3-bet and calls again on the turn, I probably would check-call the river. This is because I don't think I'm getting paid off by AK, I think QQ/KK is at least as likely as TT/99, Button might check behind with hands that beat me and also might bet with hands that don't, and I want to see a showdown at this point (without paying two more big bets to do it). I don't really know what plan is best on the river, though.

Anyway, this is assuming blanks are falling.

If Button caps the flop, I call. And then I probably check-fold the turn unimproved. If a diamond fell, I would check-call instead. And if a jack fell, I'd try to get as many bets in as possible.

One problem with my turn check-fold plan (after the flop is capped) is that Villain might play two big diamonds this way. However, that's probably not what he has, and once he bets the turn instead of checking behind, two big diamonds becomes somewhat less likely.

[/ QUOTE ]

I liked every part of this post, especially the c/c on the river. I play this the same way.