View Single Post
Old 06-04-2005, 03:58 AM

Default Is it safe to say I suck?

8,682 hands of .25/.50 limit on Pokerstars. I've made $13.72 or roughly 27BB. I had faith when I was up 200bb at the 5,498 mark, but these losses are hurting my beginner's ego.

I'm really considering starting from scratch at the bottom levels now, but I feel I've made so much progress that I really don't want to go back. If I can't beat this level there's no point in moving upward. I've read SSH 3 times and I get a passing grade on the hand quizzes and the Q&A(I tested myself lol) so I'm not sure if my problem is just applying the principles or if it's deeper than that.

I'm considering cashing some money out, buying some NL books and moving to that, since I hear the winrates are higher and the variance is lower. Not sure I can deal with some of this variance(if it is variance, I may have just gotten a run of good cards and now my real play is showing).

I know NL punishes beginners but I think starting at the lowest level I may know more about pot odds, implied odds, etc. than most of my opponents there.

I am just confused. I posted this in the beginner's forum because I know you guys won't flame me. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] So any advice I'm all ears.