View Single Post
Old 06-03-2005, 10:48 PM

Default Re: Critique my bust out from this tourney

Preflop I hope you know you are trying to bluff out a better hand if the limper is any good at all. JTs really is not a strong hand, and to the degree it is strong its strength comes from getting into pots cheap because there are lots of ways to flop a big hand with it. Committing alot of chips to it preflop, especially against a player who has shown he has a pretty good hand by limping preflop, is rarely a good idea. If you are in MP-LP and open-raising it to steal the blinds, fine. If this player had been limping like every hand or something (and especially if he had been them prone to fold if raised) I like it fine, but unless something like that was going on, limp along preflop.

After the flop you played it fine. Getting your money in with the best hand == always good, certainly by the amount you were ahead here. Generally speaking, hands where someone called a huge bet of yours when they were way behind and then sucked out aren't really worth posting: it's just a bad beat. They happen all the time. They are, in fact, the thing that makes you money; if everyone always made correct laydowns, there would be no money to be had...