View Single Post
Old 06-03-2005, 06:42 PM

Default Re: When AJ sorta hits.

So I guess it's about time I start posting here. I read the posts all the time and inevitably send questions to someone who ends up posting them here anyway.

The hand is question is my hand and in retrospect I'm pretty sure I screwed it up. The table had recently gone super tight aggressive and I was wanting to get out without losing too much of what I had already won (weak!).

My three opponents were all smart, aggressive post flop players. The flop raise isn't what scared me. What scared me were the callers. I was afraid I had the worst hand and the most terrible draw imaginable. By the way, I surely had at best 4 outs. It was more likely 2 or 3 outs if all players stayed in. Well, that is if I was, in fact, behind.

If I had it to do over again here's how I'd play it.

Three bet the flop (hopefully this clears out the callers and even a weak K now that they're fearing a set of J's or K's or at worst, TPTK.) If the callers now fold and the raisor caps it I'd probably fold to a turn bet.
If he just calls I probably bet the turn if a blank falls. (i.e. non A, non spade)
I'm betting the turn with the intention of folding to a check-raise.
And I'll just check through on the river if I get a chance. Surely I'll call a river bet if another blank falls and he decides to take a stab at it.

I don't think that calling the flop bet here is a good idea at all. I'm either raising or getting out.

Also, I don't think there's much chance at all that I'm getting c/r by a King w/Rag! The raisor most likely has two spades, top two, or a set.

Sorry I'm so scattered; it's my first post. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

And I might still fold the flop, but I do love that raise button way more than the fold button!