View Single Post
Old 06-03-2005, 05:16 PM

Default Re: Did I play my OESD correctly?

You're fine PF with this many limpers. Getting 14-1, it's a no-brainer.

I might be inclined to check-raise/3-bet the flop. You've got two who cold-called MP3's raise, as well as a bettor and two callers. You might get yourself a free card. But with so many players putting money in, and you're less than 5-1 to improve to the nuts on the turn, and less than 2.5-1 by the river, it's definitely worth getting in extra money now.

The only downside is you might chase out players who have paired their A-rag kicker ... you'd love to see them stick around when they hit their two pair and you have your straight. But that's a minimal consideration.

Turn is fine. You want to see the river cheaply.

If I don't C/R the flop, I bet out on the river. For a flop raiser and turn bettor, that river is looking pretty blanky. You'll likely get an overcall from the BB (he did lead out on the flop into a huge field, so he's got to have something) and you might even get raised by MP3, where then you can make it 3 bets.

With only two others left, the aggressor being last to act, it would be a disaster if it was checked around. And by going for the C/R, you'll likely only get the same two bets that you would've had you bet out, but the possibility is there that you could collect more.

You didn't leave a ton of money on the table, but I think you could've made more off the hand, especially given the number of players who saw the flop.