View Single Post
Old 06-03-2005, 02:26 PM

Default Re: Should Favorite Threads be stickied?

First gump, i agree with your points regarding levels of play - and as far as self interest, if you cant handle other's development, then your own development has become stagnant. More solid 2+2 players would make the games slightly less profitable, but it should drive you to be better than every other 2+2 guy at your table.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

On the other hand, I think it will generally lead to better discussions if people have familiarity with a lot of the underlying groundwork. I'm all for stickying that thread; I don't see any negative side effects, and I see lots of potential good ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that anyone that is prepared to read through all the linked threads and absorb what is in them will be given the link soon anyway (it does get posted on almost a daily basis in threads here). The others who just want to post bad beats or ask if their winning rate is sustainable wouldn't read the threads even they had boobies, so I don't think the risk of educating the morons is that big.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they get the link anyway, why not just sticky it?

And this post has nothing to do with the guys who just post bad beats - if they cant move up a level and they're not willing to learn its neither beneficial or a hinderance either way, surely?

Phill