View Single Post
Old 06-03-2005, 12:35 PM

Default Re: WSOP day 1 - thoughts and results

[ QUOTE ]
Stop making so many deals. Geez.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really need to in most cases because the levels are very short (only 15 minutes) and the dealers are not very good so there are just not enough hands so when you get short-handed the blinds are usually too high. For example, in the first table when we made the 3-way deal we were at 300-600 blinds and we all had approximately 3-3.5k in chips. What is the skill in playing that out?

I like to usually NOT do a deal and do a save where we agree to give the loser his/her buyin. That said, when someone offers me something reasonable I'll usually do it. In the 3rd table I normally would not have made the 65/35 deal but as I said earlier I had already made $600 from the last-longer and I wanted to end the night on a good note.

The other thing I noticed yesterday was that there were virtually no pros playing the sata and a lot of inexperienced passive players. This makes things easier, but it also makes the play much slower. FYI, I was really short-stacked but the only way I was able to come back was to push a few times with any two cards and I never got called. Also, when it came to my blinds when I was really in dire straights I was able to steal from the SB and nobody called me when I was in the BB! I did have my AJ beat QQ once.