Thread: 5/10 Party QQ
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2005, 11:42 AM

Default Re: 5/10 Party QQ

[ QUOTE ]

Flop ($175):
J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

My first instinct is to lead out for $125 but before I do my friend behind me says "CR?"...I figure this isn't bad and check, Villian bets $100 and I raise to $290. He thinks for 5 seconds and calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Forget about this hand for a minute. For ANY hand, no matter how trivial, this isn't a winning thought process.

As an exercise, just think right now as if you're playing the hand. Why would you lead the flop -- what purpose would it serve?

Why would you c/r the flop -- what purpose would it serve? what are the dangers? what are the benefits?

Also very important -- no matter which line you chose and justified, how much to bet or raise?

... and I hope when you're thinking of how much to bet/raise here, you're taking the Villain's stack size and your own into account, (which you didn't post. =))

I'm sure you can see why choosing a play arbitrarily based on a whim isn't the best strategy here?

-dB