View Single Post
Old 06-03-2005, 10:57 AM

Default Re: When AJ sorta hits.

And here's my reply.
-----
First, I think the flop bet is good. You raised preflop and it's a decent sized pot. If nobody has a K, you can't give a free turn.

It's mostly hard because of the results AFTER you folded (which is analysis-cheating). This probably falls under the "loose calls" section at the end of SSH; you're probably way behind, but you really don't want to bet and then fold to one raise. Or maybe I just read that section too recently. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The fact that middle could be on a flush (or straight) draw maybe makes calling nicer. The other players make it more like folding, though. Even if middle is on a draw, you gotta expect the other TWO players to call 2 bets if they called 1, so you'll be playing against 3 opponents with MPTK (and 5 outs to improve). [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I'd want a better read on MP to fold to the check-raise, I think. I don't think you can be so terrified of the callers, either. Unhappy, but maybe not terrified. I say you call the raise and then, if the turn's a blank, fold to any bet like a scared little girl. If nobody bets the turn, you should do it yourself.
-Sam