View Single Post
Old 06-03-2005, 01:21 AM

Default Re: Evaluating Risk/Reward 5 handed with chip lead

[ QUOTE ]
What does everyone think of a stop and go here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Too fancy.

My understanding of the stop and go from the archives is that it can be used to maximize your fold equity when in a desperate short stacked situation with a marginal hand. You are chip leader so this is extending my understanding of the stop and go to any bet where you make a call preflop and push post flop no matter what the flop is.

So although my understanding of the stop and go implies that this is not a good use of it. For one thing I believe that the call of the raisers bet should be a significant portion of your stack, enough that your opponent has to suspect strength by the mere fact that you called. As big stack a call here would NOT denote strength. Basically he would wonder what the heck you where doing but realise that you are getting good odds on your call as BB and have no reason to fear you. If he connects he will call any bet. Stop and go here equals giving three free cards.

I will start a new thread to clarify stop and go. In general I feel it is too fancy a play for most situations. Probably better suited to MTT than STT.

--
tjh