View Single Post
Old 06-02-2005, 04:59 PM

Default Re: Why I switched to Party

[ QUOTE ]
Of course most here would limp-fold with 55 in level 1 normally (this hand is an anomaly since there are so many calling a raise preflop that you can play it for set value based on the preflop pot odds).

[/ QUOTE ]Which is all I was saying. And before I got gang-tackeld, a few people above said they would be reluctant to make the call even though they knew it was "right" because of the chip bleed with an 800-chip tourney.[ QUOTE ]
I think most of your poker advice on these forums are suspect.

[/ QUOTE ]Well, I suggest you don't follow it then. *shrugs*

I don't play at 800-chip tournaments because I like post-flop play, don't mind 90 minute SNGs and generally like playing poker. I make no bones about the fact that I play at 1,500 chip levels or that my motivations for playing are different than the multi-tabling folks who live and die by the almighty ROI and have nightmares about variance monsters.

I also begrudge nobody how they get enjoyment. I just like the same courtesy.

The observation that many who play the 800 levels are weak-tight is hardly a revelation. Sorry my off-hand hyperbole to make that point got a few peoples' panties in a bunch.

For the record, I call that raise even if only ONE person was left in the pot because I want to see that flop. If you care to hyperbolize that by calling me a maniac chip-bleeder, I'll be glad to not decide to make a federal case over it.

I also play my Jacks with a raise too. Ooh, I'm out of control...