View Single Post
Old 06-02-2005, 03:25 PM

Default Perception

Okay. I suppose I am in no position to say whether stockman's alleged cheating is true. What seems clear, however, is that the evidence most people give for saying the sites are rigged, is poor at best. It's a long series of whiny anecdotes like when that crazy guy took $530.76 from you even though he only had two outs after the turn. You remember all these disappointing experiences and cannot ever remember any times when you were the guy winning despite terrible odds. Is this because you forget those times? No, I won't go that far. It's because you're a good poker player, and as a result, you never set yourself up to win hands like that.

I think its safe to assume that everyone on these forums is moderately good to very good at playing poker. We fold the bad hands and raise with the good ones. We don't call with ridiculously bad odds. Bad players are different. Because they make those bad plays, they set themselves up to occasionally win those improbable hands. Good players, by nature of the game, lose these sometimes. It has happened to all of us, many times. That doesn't mean its rigged. It means we are decent players.