View Single Post
Old 06-02-2005, 11:10 AM

Default Re: Did I play this hand right ?

[ QUOTE ]
I shouldn't have been playing. I was tired. I thought " oh [censored]" when the flop hit. I knew I wasn't going to win it. I should have just hit the fold button.

[/ QUOTE ]

Careful not to be results-oriented here.
Honestly, at 25NL I lose my stack here also.

Since the A5 guy is drawing stone cold dead, your equity is slightly above what you put in. Once you have raised, the double all-in call is automatic (14$ into 60$), repeat, automatic.

4c 4d 35.66
As 5s 0.00
6c 5d 53.38

Even if the A5 guy was drawing to the nut flush and straight flush with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], look at your equity (yes, he's taking much of 56's equity, but your full house outs are still intact, except to his single 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] out).

4c 4d 31.01
Ah 5h 30.01
6c 5d 33.22

You're definitely not folding top set for 14$ more in this spot. At that point, you've actually got great overlay on that remaining money.

EDIT : If only one villain went all-in on your raise, you still have to call, getting 14 into 37 (roughly 38%) with 34% equity if he holds 56. Now, factor in all those times where he has a lower set, an overpair, a flush draw or god knows what, and you've got a winning bet.