View Single Post
Old 06-02-2005, 04:14 AM

Default Re: WSOP Double Shootout - devastating heads up loss...HH up for review

I don't think there are any worthless hands heads up.

The ones I have issues with:

Cold calling an all-in with KT. You weren't likely to be ahead here. You probably underestimated his stack size and were looking to end it quickly. It's not worth the risk of doubling him up. He finally had some room to breathe after this hand.

I didn't understand your min-reraise on the turn with 46 when you had 3rd button. Then leading out with a min bet? If you didn't believe him, you should've called. This wasn't "tricky". It was just chip spewing.

When he raised into you and you had QQ...I like reraising him there. If you just take down his raise and the blinds, so be it, but he's shown strength and he may go to the felt with you here if you let him. QQ isn't AA. Overcards can and will flop.

The all-in raise with TT after he limped was a waste of a good hand.

I don't know what to say about the final hand. You could've used your option to check on the flop OR the turn and things probably would've worked out better. I don't think the bets are necessarily wrong though. You built a big pot without a big hand and then you felt like you couldn't get away from your draws/fold equity. Understandable and unfortunate.

In general: Raise his limps more often. Fold less preflop. Ask the poker gods to give your opponent some kind of hand when you make quads or the nut flush. Sorry about your luck.