View Single Post
Old 06-02-2005, 04:07 AM

Default Re: WSOP Double Shootout - devastating heads up loss...HH up for revie

Alright I quickly scanned your results. You never once reraised BTF. You checked way too much from the big blind and you were not aggressive enough from the small blind. You basically played too tight. When you had a commanding chip lead early on and your opponent was barely hanging on your call
with KT was bad. At that point he was playing extremely tightly. Later on towards the end you played your pocket Queens very poorly. In general when you flopped strong hands instead of extracting full value from them, you got
cute and made small bets trying to trap your opponent with
small bets or checking. In general I think your play was
unimaginative and very predictable. The same thing could be
said about your opponent. The hand you were busted on I also think on the flop you had an easy fold. I think when
you have a big chip lead and you surrender it psychologically it can be devastating and when you are the underdog, rather than making small raises BTF, going for a
quick double up is a better approach. You then, assuming you win are now the favorite. It's unlikey with any two cards that you'll be more than a 5:3 dog so attack, otherwise you'll bleed to death. Hope this helps and I'm not trying to overly harsh.

Bruce