View Single Post
Old 06-01-2005, 04:02 PM

Default Re: Facing a river all-in with low FH. NL100 - 6max

Yikes. That, unfortunately, is the most useful thing I have to say about this hand. I actually don't use those stats you listed, so I don't know what they mean. They could easily change what I would do on the river here I think. That being said, I think I would grit my teeth and call here. My GUESS is that he has the heart flush (there's no way he could read you definitively for a FH). The only other possibility I see is that he has A7. Do those stats indicate at all that he would overbet the river so much with 7's full? I also would bet a little more on the turn here (more like $15) with bottom set, but that's getting nit-picky. It's SUPER close, but I think I'd call.

Addition -- I don't feel like re-writing the above, so I just wanted to add that A7 makes as much sense to me as a heart flush after thinking about it a bit more. The huge overbet makes me more inclined to call with my fullhouse though because I wouldn't expect a $200 overbet with such a strong hand. On the other hand... he's tripled his buy-in and this type of move might be a good way to do it by making others think you're bluffing on the river. Do you have the results? I'm really curious because I find myself in similar situations sometimes.