View Single Post
Old 06-01-2005, 01:29 PM

Default Re: Poker as a living. How to deal with my family?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Firstly, 2BB/100 does not equal 2BB/hour, since you will only be dealt approx. 65 hands per hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can easily get more than 100 hands per hour online. Even 2 tabling. Im not sure what you meant by your statement above.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bernie, my above statement was in regards to "per table," as the poster was assuming that he could make $32/hour averaging 2BB/100 while playing four tables of 2/4.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering when somebody was going to point this out. And with table switching, restroom breaks etc, I wouldn't expect to average more than 200 hands an hour 4 tabling, which knocks you down to 16 dollars an our.

To the OP, your math sucks and your assumptions aren't any better. There's just no way with the limited experience that you have that you can assume a 2 BB/100 return when you start cranking out the hands and the hours. And I doubt you can 4 table eight hours a day for very long. Try it for two months straight and if you make it, then I'll buy that you if you still think you can do it long term that you have some sense of what you are talking about.

You may turn out to be a great poker player, but based on what I've heard so far from you, you don't have a clue whether that's true or not, and you don't really know if you have what it takes to be a long term grinder.

Look around though, at what the folks that are making it work say, and they almost universally say there's no way to come close to hours a week multi-tabling (except Brian, but ya know there's always gotta be one exception that proves the rule).

Do what you want to do, I don't care one way or the other, but at least go into it with your eyes open and your expectations realistic.

--Zetack