Thread: Bad Laydown?
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2005, 12:07 PM

Default Re: Bad Laydown?

I prolly fold and curse. You have only committed about 1/4 of your stack and you are not going to be crippled if you fold so I don’t think this is the time to take a big chance for 1/2 the pot. However I think that you really put yourself in a bad position by your actions on previous streets.

Flop: Bet pot

Turn: Bet pot or check

River: Check. All you are doing by making that bet is building the pot for A2 (which you didn’t push out on the previous rounds of betting). By building the pot you are just making a larger bet from A2 that you are going to have to face.

I am fairly sure that nobody connected with that flop as well as you did (unless they have the low draw too) because they would be jamming to force out the lows. However your weak betting leaves A33, A235, A48, and some of the others Joshua mentioned still in the realm of possibility. Betting pot would force out a lot of these hands and it would force everyelse to define their hands.

When I was first playing PLO8 someone suggested to me that if you are going to bet, betting pot is always a good option. As a beginning I would suggest almost always betting pot when you are going to bet.