View Single Post
Old 06-01-2005, 10:44 AM

Default Re: Advice on this early position AA hand

I'm not sure I really like the miniraise there - if you're going to play the aces "second hand low" you should limp and reraise big to get it heads up. Luckily the button raised you, but you should have reraised bigger I feel. His raise was either a bad steal attempt or he has AK or a big pair. Any of those holdings will call your reraise to 220 or 250 if he's calling to 170.

Anyway, going to the flop you need to bet. It's expected that you will with anything decent and a check-raise will look suspect. You also don't want to give A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] a free card and you need to extract full value from the hand. This is actually a great flop for you since you will probably break him if he has KK or maybe QQ - his two most likely holdings.

I would fire a bet of about t250 into this pot. You're not giving him good odds to draw to a flush if that's what he has (remember, we are firing a big bet on the turn) and the bet looks like you have a pocket pair like JJ or TT and you are trying to figure out where you are in the hand. I would expect him to raise you, perhaps with a push, with the KK or QQ and you'll probably take all his chips.